There’s nothing better than discovering a good recipe online. The kind that make you hungry when you read them, even if you’ve just eaten. So, when I came across this recipe on Little Spice Jar blog I made a shopping list and went off to the shops.
I couldn’t wait to get home and try out this recipe…
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 2 lbs. plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 7 garlic cloves
- 3 large carrots, cut in half
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetables broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons basil pesto
The recipe was very easy to follow and it created a delicious creamy tomato soup in 3 easy steps:
- Preheat the over at 190C. Place the cherry tomatoes, plum tomatoes, onions, garlic, and carrots on one large baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil along with a big pinch of salt and pepper and make sure all of the ingredients are covered in it. Place the baking tray in the oven and allow the ingredients to bake for 1 hour. Check on the ingredients half way through and give them a toss.
- Once the hours up remove the ingredients from the over and add to a blender. Wizz the veggies until they are completely smooth. You may need to do this in a couple of batches if you have a smaller blender. For super smooth soup, run the ingredient through a strainer to get rid of any larger pieces.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, transfer the puree into a saucepan and heat on a medium temperature, add the chicken broth and allow the soup to heat all the way through, for about 5-7 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes. Add two tablespoons of the pesto and give the soup a taste. If desired, add the third tablespoon. Finally add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Thanks to Marzia for this lovely recipe! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did 🙂