Vegas…adult playground, mirage in the desert…what do you think of when someone mentions Las Vegas..? I probably have a slightly different memory of it than most people and here is what made it so special…
1.Checked in valet style. The last thing you want to do after a 5 hour drive is faff about with parking so valet is your best friend. Grab your bags and head for the reception desk to check in. The car is someone else’s problem from there on out.
2. Stayed in the Bellagio. Being our first trip to Vegas we wanted to do it in style and, of course, being one of the most iconic Vegas casinos, we had to stay in the Bellagio.
3. Walk the strip to see the bright lights and extravagant hotels. It’s like being in a dream world with loads of weird and wonderful things in the same place. The strip is just over 4 miles long and you will see iconic buildings from all over the world.
4. See a show, I’d recommend booking if you know what you want to see. We booked ‘O’ Cirque du Soleil as I am a huge fan of the group so it had to be them we went and saw. But there is a massive variety of shows to choose from.
5. Take a helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon. This one is a little extravagant but it should be a must on anyone’s bucket list! Nothing can quite prepare you for the vast scale of one of the world’s seven natural wonders. This has to be one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life so far.
6. And last but by no means the least, getting engaged was the absolute top highlight – I think most people will know that without me having to clarify! I know this won’t be on everyone’s list when they visit Vegas and it kind of sounds like something out of the Hangover film but, I was a very lucky lady and Tom proposed while we were in Vegas. Above everything else this made my Vegas trip out of this world. From then on out we could have done nothing and I would have still been on cloud 9.
There are so many amazing things to do and see in Las Vegas but when someone decided to get down on one knee and ask that special question, there is nothing that can top it. This is why Vegas will always have a special place in my heart. Who else has a story to tell from a trip to Vegas..?